Application Process Guide
Public Charter School Compliance
Pepin Academies are public charter schools which receive their Charter from the local school district and comply with all applicable requirements of state law and the public school system as well as their Charter. Federal Law may also apply if the school is the recipient of federal grant funds.
Learning Disabilities Admissions Policy
All students attending Pepin Academies must have a learning disability or learning related disability which may include, but is not limited to: Specific Learning Disabilities, Language Impairment, Speech Impairment, ASD, Other Health Impairment, Intellectual Disability, Pervasive Developmental Delay or a medical condition that affects learning. Students must have a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
In the event that more students have applied to enroll at Pepin Academies than there are spots available by the deadline established, a lottery will be held to determine which students will be accepted. Currently enrolled students will be re-enrolled automatically. The following students will be given preference, so long as students enrolled through preference are not a significant portion of the school’s student body in the admission process under state law.
- Students whose parents are staff members with Pepin Academies
- Students whose parents are active board members of Pepin Academies
- Students who have siblings enrolled with the organization
- Children of Active Military Families
Pepin Academies Application process:
- Applications will be taken until a pre-determined date (deadline to be determined on a yearly basis with board approval)
- Once received, applications will be vetted to determine if appropriate for special education setting. Students not appropriate will receive letter reiterating mission statement and targeted population of Pepin Academies.
- If student is deemed eligible based on presence of an IEP, name will be included in lottery (date to be determined on a yearly basis with board approval)
- Analyze openings (per grade level)
- Publicize lottery
- Hold lottery on assigned date
- Students chosen in lottery will then be accepted into the school as openings allow.
- Remaining students will comprise the wait list.
- Any applications received after the lottery will go on the wait list in the order they were received
Pepin Academies admits students of any race, color, creed, or national origin. Students must have learning or learning related disabilities.
Grade 3 - no openings
Grade 4 - 1 opening
Grade 5 - no openings
Grade 6 - 3 openings
Grade 7 - 1 openings
Grade 8 - 7 openings
Grade 9- no openings
Grade 10 - no openings
Grade 11- 7 openings
Grade 12 - no openings